Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Alexis's First Birthday

   Alexis is now 1!! It is crazy! Where did the time go? I sure wish the time being pregnant went as fast as this past year! We had her party the day after her birthday because Jaron was gone her birthday. So on her actual big day I took her to the mall to ride the marry-go-round which she use to love... Well she decided to cry and scream the entire time on it. It was kind of funny but I did feel a little guilty because I made her stay on it the horse the whole time. We also shared some ice cream which she loved. She was kind of cranky the whole day. I felt bad.  I also gave her one of her cupcakes for her party with a candle and she got to her me actually attempt to sing Happy Birthday.




   The day after, the 13th, her Daddy came home and she was so happy to see him! We also had her party later that day. I had been planning the party for months, but didn't actually start making  everything for it until a few weeks before. I am a bit of a procrastinator. So I worked a ton a few days before, and pulled a few late nighters to finish everything. (because I can never work on it when she is up.) But it was worth it! The party turned out great!






  
Lexi was so cute! She loves to be center of attention, like her daddy. We had the party at my in laws so there was more room. My mother in law made a very yummy dinner!

Then we did presents. She got spoiled from everyone!! From clothes, books, a toy piano, a 4-wheeler and lots of fun toys! I wasn't joking about the spoiled part.

After presents we went onto the pinata. It was a pull string one. I wasn't sure if Lexi would even do it but luckily with her friend, Ella's help and a little daddy help it rained candy on the two one year little girls. They didn't know what to think.




Of course we saved the best for last. Cake! She again tried to grab the flame from the candle and didn't know what to think of the singing again. I had been looking at so many extravagant zebra cakes. I would love to be a great cake designer but that is something I haven't accomplished yet. So with the help of my step mom I did get that zebra cake. I just used the cheap rolled out fondant. It was SO easy to do. I would never suggest eating it though. It smelled horrible. So we just took the fondant off for Lexi to eat it. It has frosting under it and I thought it would somewhat stay on after pealing the fondant off. But it didn't So I she was a little jipt but it was more healthier. She destroyed the cake I'm sure only 1/4 of what she tried to eat actually made it to her mouth. The rest was on the floor or all over her. She fed it to her Daddy and got it in my hair. Wow can you believe it? I have a one year old!












No comments: