Right before the New Year we found out Lexi was lactose and tolerant. She was having some loose bowel problems for the last few months and it was just getting worse and worse. We always were getting diaper rashes from this on going problem, but they were very manageable. But then we got this one. Oh my poor baby! It was so sad! I would cry because she was in so much pain and screaming. That is why we took her in to the Dr. to see how we could clog her up to get rid of this bleeding rash. That is when they decided she was probably lactose and tolerant. So we have switched formula and doing much better! I learned a ton about diaper rashes now so if you want to know what really works hit me up and I can tell you! Enough of the poop talk.
In the last week Lexi has grown up SO much! Everyday she is learning something new. Like huge developments... Well to me. She is not a child of many words still. She loves to say and scream MA MA. Every once in a while she will say Da Da, Ba Ba, and tries to say Hi and Yeah but it doesn't always come out very clear. She goes in fazes where she says it a ton that day and then won't say them for a week. We will tell her to say Da Da DA DA and then she goes Ma Ma. It makes Jaron so mad. I just laugh. It's so funny.
She is pulling her self up to things. She is trying to climb the stairs, but luckily hasn't quite gotten it. Because we haven't gotten a gate yet. She can stand up and balance by herself, but she is my child and is a chicken! When she realizes we let go she hurries and sits down. So it's hard to trick her into doing it. She isn't ready to walk yet and I'm not ready for that either!
Yesterday she started clapping! I am so excited for this! These are our updates here!







4 comments:
it is "lactose intolerant" not lactose and tolerant. that means that dairy doesn't bother them. I just thought you would want to know.
Oh she is so cute Michelle! I love all her little outfits too - adorable! Hope you guys are doing well, but sounds like you are :)
I LOVE it when they clap. (And wave.) It's SO CUTE!! Gage wasn't very good at either....especially the waving. And Tally? Never learned either, just because she knew they would make me happy. (Ok, that's probably not the reason why, but still.)
Did the Dr run tests to determine the Lactose Intolerance stuff? I can't remember if you told me or not. We had to do the pokey-back allergy test with Gage and Tally - you might want to consider doing it with Lexi just to see if she's allergic to anything. It's miserable, but better to find out at a Dr's office instead of after she's eaten something and gotten sick. Except I hope she's not allergic to anything and grows out of the intolerance thing - that sucks.
p.s. I have some pretty sparkly things to send to you. I'll put them in the mail tomorrow. :)
THank you for who ever left me the lactose and tolerant comment. Yes you are correct. I did mean lactose intollerant. I am sorry I forget that a lot of you aren't use to my language and I expect you all to understand it. Because I always say things that never make sense. I am not the smartest person as we all know:)
Melissa, all her cultures came back negative so nothing else was causing her stomach problems. And it just made my day to see you were sending me sparkly stuff! I love sparkly!
Post a Comment