Thursday, March 18, 2010

Our first day home

Alexis came home on Monday! We had to stay a extra day because of the C-Section. Jaron and I were very ready to go home!! We were welcomed home with pink balloons and a big sign on our front lawn that said "It's a girl" We loved our surprise!! My mother in law was so nice to do it for us. It was weird to be home with our baby. We weren't quite sure what to do. We introduced Roxy and Harley to her. I wasn't sure how they would handle it. I thought Harley would hate her like how he hated when Roxy came home. And Roxy wouldn't mind her. Well I was wrong. Harley likes her and is very curious. He has given her a few licks and it make Alexis jump which makes him jump. He thought that the balls on the end of her pants were toys too. It was funny. On the other hand. Roxy hates her. She growls under her breath every time she makes a noise. She is so jealous of her! She knows something has taken her place as the princess. We try to give them loves still but it is hard when we have our angel! They both are getting more and more use to her everyday. We are trying to get in a routine with her. She likes to be awake for 3 to 4 hours in the middle of the night and sleep all morning and early afternoon. I couldn't do this new adventure with out Jaron! He is such a great dad!! We take turns with diapers. and getting up with her at night. It has made me love and appreciate him so much more! Who knew a baby could make us this much closer! I am so impressed on how good he is with Alexis! Being home with my cute little family is great! I am so excited for this new journey we are taking!

3 comments:

Keli and Mike said...

Congratulations, Alexis is beautiful! I am so glad to hear that everything turned out okay. It is so true that you become closer to your husband through this wonderful experience, words can't even describe it! I'm sorry that you had to have a c-section! Jamison was breech, so I had to have one also. Make sure to take it easy and let it heal.

melissabastow said...

I like the picture where she's screaming in her carseat.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering how your dogs would take to a baby being around. That's one thing I worry about with Sasha, and my mom worries about it with her dog. Sasha loves kids, just as long as they don't charge after her or trap her into a corner. She loves fresh babies though, when they're way tiny, she'll just lick their faces and arms off.
Glad to read that things are going great!