I would like you to meet my daughter, Alexis Lorraine Laird, and tell you how she came into this world. She was born early Friday morning, March 12, 2010, at 2:10 am. She weighed 7 lb 2 oz. So lets back up to the story on how she came into this world. On Wed. I was really hoping of hearing good news at the Dr. and having her that day. I found out I barely changed. I was devastated!! We had Jaron come home a day early from England and everything because I had a lot of the signs of going into labor. So I was desperate and did all the old wives tales to try and induce you. Still nothing so Thursday I did the last one Castor oil. The taste sucked but I could deal with it. The worst part was the burps from it. It wasn't to bad like I heard about. I was better by that night and was sad still nothing.
So me and Jaron got sucked into a door sales guy. While we were talking to them I started to get contractions 3 minutes apart. Not bad ones but ones that were very consistent and kind of hurt. So we ended up getting a security system that night, and they came and installed it that night. By the time they were done my contractions were still 3 min. apart but hurting worse. Jaron didn't think we needed to go to the hospital but I made him take me at 10:30 pm.
So we get to the hospital and get all our info to them and my contractions are 1 min apart but I could only feel every 3. But Alexis's heart beat was lower than they would like from 117-140 and they wanted 150 and higher. They told us they would watch us for a hour and see how she does. Right after that the Dr. comes in and tells us lets go ahead and break my water. Jaron was in shock. He was like Right Now? Like wait are you sure. It was funny. He sat on the couch for a min trying to process it. So around a hour after that I am wanting my epidural because I am the biggest baby and a lot less brave than I thought. Contractions Suck!! But I had to wait for almost 2 more hours for the guy to come in because he was in with a c-section.
After I got it I was great! So I'm talking to Jaron, my mom, Lori, and Gary, and all of a sudden the nurses come rushing in freaking out because Alexis's heart beat had really dropped to 40. They rolled me to my other side checked the monitor and gave me a shot and said they were giving me a emergency C-Section. One nurse gave Jaron operating outfit while they wheeled me into the other room. Everyone was in shock and I was bawling because I was scared for my baby. So I get in the operating room and there are people running around freaking out and I'm still not sure what all is going on. I just wanted Jaron. The anesthesiologist starts asking me if I can feel my stomach because they were trying to numb me fast. Well it wasn't numbing fast enough. Jaron comes in long enough to hear them tell me I'm getting put out then they kick him out. I don't remember anything after that. I guess they had Jaron leave the room so they didn't see them shove a tube down my throat. Jaron went down to the nursery with Alexis after she was born along with his parents and my mom. I wake up fast after being put under so they didn't expect it so they weren't there. So I wake up and don't know what's going on if I had my baby or what. They had to tell me. I was looking so forward to her actual birth and that experience so I just started bawling and couldn't stop saying I missed it all! and I want my baby! She needed to go get warmed up in the nursery for the first few hours. Until I was able to see her I watched a video that Gary had taken of her. I saw her 2 hours later and just cried!!
Jaron told me when she came out she had her eyes wide open and cried right away. He had to watch outside the door and look through the window. She cried right away and all the panic in the room just went away. From the time the nurses came in and got me and Alexis was born was 5-10 minutes.
She is so beautiful!! I can't believe she came from me and Jaron!! She is the biggest blessing in our lives. I don't know what we did without her!! She is a very healthy girl now!! 












4 comments:
She is so cute! I am sorry about the c-section thing, they are NO fun! But fear not, maybe you won't have to have a c-section with the next one. (I had one with Brayden, but not with Tyler.) I sure hope you are feeling better, I know the recovery from an emergency c-section can be HARD! If there is anything we can do for you , just let us know :)
Im glad to hear you and baby are fine. That would be way scary. She is beautiful. Congratulations. She will forever change your life for the better.
You had a c-section?! I did not know that! I'm glad that the both of you are safe and sound though!
Haha.. I bought Castor Oil as well but, the smell of it alone makes me not even want to take it if I go over. I don't know how you were able to take it down you're braver than I am. That is so scary about your C-Section I'm terrified of having one but, I'm glad that everything went well.
Post a Comment