Thursday, July 16, 2009

My Surgery, and Yep I'm Pregnant!!!!!!

So I was lucky enough to have eye surgery 2 weeks ago! I went in for my regular check up and take a few test for glaucoma 2 1/2 weeks ago. Well lets say I totally bombed all my tests, and my eye pressure was extremely higher than it ever had been. For you that know a little about glaucoma yes I really do have I have a rare case because usually you have to be around 70 to get it, and my eye pressure had reached 39. I had lost quite a bit a vision fast so my Dr. was stressed and schedule my surgery 3 days later for my left eye. So I go in for my surgery on July 2, and I had told my Dr. there is a chance I may be pregnant. Well they do the test and my Dr. comes in without talking to my nurse (because we didn't want anyone to know for quite a while if I was pregnant.) And he announces to everyone in the room YES I am Pregnant! My mom, mother in law, and Jaron were in the room. They were just shocked, and I turn to them and say "Surprise!" So at the time of surgery I was 2-3 weeks. I was told all the risks and of course and it makes me super scared for my new little baby! But I had to have my surgery. It consisted of them cutting little slit in my eyeball to release pressure. The surgery went well. But sense the surgery I have had quite a few complications because of being pregnant. I have gotten heartburn and made me vomit. That made my eye go crazy from the force of vomiting. Then a few days later I got a horrible migraine sense I can't take my migraine pills anymore. My migraine was the worst I had have sense I was in my accident and fractured my skull. I couldn't get rid of it and I was puking and dry heaving for 3 hours in the middle of the night so I finally decided to go to the ER to get rid of it. Jaron was gone and so was everyone I know that lives by me so my wonderful aunt that lives 20 min. away took me because I haven't been able to see well enough to drive. I was able to get it under control and had went to my moms so she could baby me. I woke a few hours later with my eye pounding and I couldn't see anything out of it. Like I'm talking someone waving hands in front of my face. So I had to hurry into the eye Dr. and my pressure that was 4 the day before went to 44, which for you that don't know that is very bad! The vomiting for 3 hours the night before did me in. So I had a stitch taken out and they that to press on my eye to get it to drain. It was not a fun process! My eye ball was huge but once it was drained it went down and all the pain in it went away. Then today I was lucky enough to get another stitch in my eye and 2 shots while being awake. That was horrible! Very painful I don't suggest ever trying it if I were you. I basically live at my eye Dr.'s right now going almost everyday. It is getting very old and yes I am complaining but I am very sick of it!

But now for the super exciting stuff! I am going to be a Mommy! I can not wait! We were going to wait to tell everyone until my second trimester was over or at least when we got the ultra sound. But because of what I just have told you all it was quite hard to not tell some people. To tell our parents we told them with Oscar awards that said #1 Grandparent. My dad was a little stressed when we told him but my step mom was ecstatic! My mom didn't get the fun experience with her Oscar but she is still excited! And we wouldn't let my mother in law tell my father in law so he was super excited when we told him. We decided sense the parents knew we would tell a few friends and siblings and grandparents. I was hoping to not post it all over the Internet for a while because I still am 1 second pregnant at 4-5 weeks. But Jaron is just way to excited and had to announce it on his facebook page yesterday. So now everyone knows the story! I am very excited and Jaron just can't stop running around saying "I'm going to be a Daddy!" So wish me luck on not getting sick in the next week or so!

10 comments:

The Hone's said...

Wow that doesnt sound like fun at all. I hope your eyes get better soon. Congratulations on the pregnancy though.

melissabastow said...

What? Your pregnant?!!! Just kidding. I'm excited. Oh, and I have something else to give you - it's a fetal hearbeat thingy you can use at home. But you have to be atleast 20-ish weeks before you can hear anything, and only if your baby is in the right position, and if everything around you is really really quiet. I bet you're super excited to get it now.

Mandy Campbell said...

Congratulations on the pregnancy! Being a mommy is the best thing in the whole world. I hope you don't get to sick!
I hope your eye gets better! Sounds like scary stuff. Good luck with everything!

Brandt Lovell said...

wow it sounds like you have gone through quite a bit recently! I have to admit, that while I knew about your eye surgery, via facebook updates, I was unaware of the intensity that it was. I admire your strength and portraying your positivity throughout it. Hope all is well :)

Brandt Lovell said...

oh and btw, Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Chelsea said...

Hooray - I am so excited for you. Ask your Dr. for Zofran. It is the best anti-nausea medicine out there. :)

Good luck!

Oh and for the heartburn - Prilosec did wonders for me.

Carrie said...

Congrats! That is really exciting! I was wondering when you two would get pregnant! Congrats and I hope you feel better!

Anonymous said...

That so exciting! Congrats! And good luck on getting feeling better!

jacoysloan said...

Michelle I am so excited for you!!

Anonymous said...

WOW. It sounds like you have been through a lot. Well, if you handled all of that pain, then actually having the baby will be a breeze for you. LOL I hope everything is all better. And I had heart burn like crazy too. I would drink water and I would get it. My doc put me on prevacid. Anyway, congrats on being prego. Your baby is going to be so adorable.