Monday, March 23, 2009

Spring Fling Competition

On Saturday was our first competition! We did very well!! We had a few bumps in the road but we still did awesome!! A lot of us were running late including myself... Both Jaron and I thought the other had set the alarm so I woke when I was suppose to be leaving!! AAH Yes that is what I did while I ran and got ready in record time of 15 minutes. We had one of our students running to late though... she missed the first performance and we really worried of being disqualified because there were only 3 in the dance instead of 4 making it a trio not a team dance, luckily we weren't just docked some points. She made it for her second dance though! Our older team was practicing to go right before the went on and one of the girls pulled her hamstring and wasn't able to dance the whole day. So we didn't have much time to fix formations. It frazzled them a little but the did awesome and still placed 2ND in the dance! They all did so awesome! I was so proud that we placed in every dance!! (and to place you had to beat other teams so unlike some competition everyone places. If we were 4Th then there had to be at least 8 in the category and 5Th would be 10 and 2ND would 4 in the category.)




Over all we placed: 3rd in our dance we were docked in missing the girl Bumble Team

4Th for the second dance the Bumble Team
2ND Stick Dance Queen Bee Team
4Th Jazz dance Queen Bee Team
2ND Hip Hop Queen Bee Team



Wish us luck next week up in Logan!

No comments: