Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Fire Alarm

So we all know I lead a pretty uneventful life. I go to work, go to dance and go home. Blah right. Jaron leads all the adventures in this relationships. Well I would say my life had some events in it early yesterday morning. One of your biggest fears happens while you are sleeping my #1 is someone breaking in #2 a fire. Well I thought something like #2 was going on when my smoke detectors are going off a little before 5am. I hurry and get up and sniff around to see if I should leave my room and try to get my dogs that are terrified of the alarm out from under the bed. Then the alarm goes off. So I think ok now what. So I keep sniffing open the door. No smoke nothing and I look around a little and nothing. So I go back to my room. Again the alarm goes off and I'm like ok great now what, it stays on for 30 seconds to a minute. So then I call Jaron because I'm not calling 911 to say I don't have a fire what do I do. He's in Hawaii, yeah don't feel bad for him, but it's in the middle of the night for him and he's like um I don't know what to do. So by the 3rd time it went off I call the fire department to see how I just turn it off so I don't have to have anyone come out. By the time I got a hold of someone it had gone off 4 times and I noticed it was going off when the heater was coming on. The fireman first said maybe the battery but the second I mentioned the heater thing he thought of CO Carbon Monoxide so he's like you need to call 911 and then they'll send Saratoga Springs or Lehi whoever sense I'm on the border. Well first a cop shows up and then it takes a while for the fire department because there was a ton of black ice and I'm sure they were fighting over who wanted to come lol jk but when they show up here comes the ambulance with them too with all there lights flashing. I was embarrassed.My neighbor comes out and is asking if I'm ok and I'm like Yep go back to bed. I hate drawing attention to myself like that! The stories funny but during the process no thanks. So obviously I'm ok and it was the battery in one of them setting the whole system off and I'm just to dumb of a girl to know how to check the batteries in them or turn them off. So the whole crew had to get up for nothing and I lost a lot of sleep for it. I love being a girl but at least I did get some adventure in my life!

~Note: It also teaches me you should always clean your house before going to bed because you never know who will be going through your entire house at odd hours!

3 comments:

Jake & Michelle said...

That is so freaky, My #1 biggest fear is just that Carbon Monoxide, because you cant really smell it...
Here we are all use to the alarm going off, because it is right by out bathroom and I tend to take to hot of a shower :) So it gets tested at least a weekly base.. I would have called 911 after 3 times if Jake was out of town, so you're not the only one who doesnt know how to check the batteries :)

Keli and Mike said...

That is hilarious, but only because you're okay! It seems like people always drop in unexpectedly when my house is the messiest, I hate it!

Jori said...

we had tons of fun !!! only downer about vaca's is you have to come back!!! blah!!! but it makes you look forward to the many more to come!