Monday, June 21, 2010

3 Months

Miss Potato Bug is now 3 months old!! (and 1 1/2 weeks technically) Crazy! She's turning into a big girl baby. She eats a ton! Every 3 hours 4-6 oz a time. I'm so happy though because she's been so skinny, for a baby! She still fits into her newborn pants but they are high waters and a lot of her 0-3 month pants are huge on her. But she is finally starting to chunk up a little and has the cutest little rolls on her legs. I thought I would have this huge chunker and she totally isn't.









She can now roll over a few times a day from her belly to her back. She gets mad if you make her do it in a row so I have to have her practice once at a time. She is getting so mad that she can't roll from her back to her belly. She tries so hard. She has the upper body part going but she still has a lot of work to get those legs over. With all the arching of her back she can turn her self in a circle. I put her in her crib one way and in the morning she is totally the opposite side of the crib with her head facing the other way in the morning.
She has been sleeping in her crib for the last month now. I had a really hard time the first night. I checked on her 4 times. Then when Jaron left I put her back in our room. But now she is always sleeping in her crib I let go and decided I might confuse her if I kept switching. I think I am the most spoiled new parent ever! She has always been a decent sleeper sense day 1 but ever sense she was 2 months old she has been sleeping 10 hours at night straight. She usually only takes 1 long nap a day and then cat naps through out the day.










She just barely started using her legs to stand up on them its a fun new thing to do and make her smile.
She's talking a ton more! My favorite thing is to be driving and she just starts talking in the back seat. She had her first little laugh a few weeks ago and it is getting bigger every week, but we haven't gotten a full on belly laugh out of her yet.

She loves, loves to eat her hands and her shirts! She has to have something in her mouth 24/7. She also just found her feet. She loves to watch them. It's so funny to watch.










She has a song, Beautiful Girls I always sing to her if we are at home we dance around to it and when she is crying in the car I turn it up and sing it to her and it calms her down... most of the time.

She is turning into such a mommy's girl. It is one of the advantages of being an only parent while Jaron is away for work. But she does love her daddy! She doesn't smile near as much the weeks he is gone.










She will watch TV now. She really likes music. I have found her favorite show is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. We dance to the Hot dog song at the end every time. I can't believe how these kid show songs get stuck in your head so easily. She also like Special Agent OS, Glee yes my child is a gleek and loves that show, and So You Think You Can Dance but just all the music parts of them she won't sit in her bouncer for the whole show of these.










So I know this is over kill on everything Alexis is up to but I am horrible at journaling so now for the few people that like to read what she up to here go and I can use this to look back on so I don't forget.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Time goes so fast when you have a baby, doesn't it? She is absolutely darling! SOOOOO CUTE!