Friday, April 30, 2010

7 weeks

Alexis is 7 weeks old today! Weird how fast it has all gone!! She is getting big! The ways I hold her are starting to change because she getting so long. She has chunked up a little but not a ton. For the most part she is such a happy baby! She doesn't have colic every night anymore which I love. She rolled over on her own the other day! I had been video recording her and as soon as I stopped she did it. I tried to get her to do again but she couldn't. So I'm sure it was just one of those coincidence things.
She is starting to hate the bottle!! I giver her one once a day and she started hating it. But I didn't give in. So most of the time she is ok with it now. But she doesn't like anyone else feeding her besides me. It isn't a good thing sense I'm going to weening her. I feel like such a bad mom for doing it so soon! I was totally against the breast feeding thing until I had her. Sense her heart rate dropped and we weren't sure if she would have any other problems I didn't even think twice about trying it. Then decided it's not weird like I thought it was. And now that I'm thinking about stopping I feel so guilty!! I had thought about quiting so I can diet more but thought that can wait a few months. It's worth it to her. But I am getting such bad migraines all the time with nausea and I can't take my medicine for it until I stop nursing. So I think I'm going to stop. So yes you can call me selfish and bad mom because I feel that way!
I went to my 6 week check up the other day and tried to get a IUD. They wouldn't give it to me because I had a balance. I had already approved it through my insurance and they would pay for it in full. But they wouldn't because I owe money. They were such jerks about it too. Our insurance detectable changed to $2500 more than it was last year (and we hadn't planned on that) and I had to get a C-Section and that's a $1000 more so I have only paid half of it off. So I told them I would just go somewhere else and so I am. As much as I love my little girl I'm not ready for another one yet! Anyways that's my complaint of the week.
I finally tried my first Zumba class. I've been dieing to know what it is. I loved it! It is such a fun class! I suggest everyone try it!!

3 comments:

Jarrett and Sydni said...

Don't feel bad about quitting nursing, I too had the guilty feeling but you just have to do what's best for you and Alexis. You need to come more to zumba, we're going again on Saturday if you want to come, I'm addicted.

T Daley said...

You're NOT a bad mom... nursing is VERY demanding! I think if she takes the formula fine and it is not causing the colic, she will be great!

Sorry about the whole bill thing... I had Brayden c-section and then had complications and we ended up having to pay the max out of pocket for him, and when you are not expecting it.... IT HURTS!!!
Good luck, I am sure it will all work out… and by the way I think you look great for just having a baby! (and a c-section to boot)

Nicole said...

I wouldn't worry about having to stop nursing your health and well being is just as important as your daughter's. It takes a lot of time and patience to nurse all the time and its extremely demanding. That sucks about you IUD I didn't realize they were that expensive to get put in, I called on it and about died over the price I didn't think birth control like that would be $1300. I hope all your insurance stuff gets worked out its not fun having to deal with that. We're in the same vote since the office messed up on some of the paperwork with the insurance company. Glad you enjoyed zumba I just saw what it was on youtube looks fun, where do you take your class at? Is it expensive? I can't believe she is already sitting in her bumbo seat I still need to get one.