Saturday, January 23, 2010

Vacuums

I am shopping for a new vacuum! It's about time! I am looking for everyones input on what kind to get. Of course I would love a Dyson but I am much to cheap for that. I am just looking for a vacuum that will do the following: work, suck up the stuff my dogs after my dogs come in from outside and roll around on it, and the hose that works with detachable parts. My dogs do not shed. I shed worse than they do. I have the worst luck with vacuums!! Sense I have been married in the 4 1/2 years I have owned: 2 Dirt Devil, Bissel, and a G&E. That is a lot of different vacuums! Especially sense I am not a clean freak and use it every day. So please tell me what you have had and liked or disliked! I am in need of some great suggestions! Thanks!!

7 comments:

Aleca Rose said...

In the long run it might be cheaper for you just to go with a Dyson anyway. That is what we have and we have been married for almost 3 years and never had a single problem to need fixing. We got a refurbished one for about 250-300 on amazon and its the DC14 Full Kit. trust me its worth it. You'll end up paying more than that year after year for new crappy ones

Wendi said...

I bought a vacuum about a year ago and I absolutely love it. The only down side is that it's a little heavier than I'd like. Anyway it's a Hoover Mach 5, Multi Chamber Cyclone Vacuum. Lots of attachments and one of them is like a little mini-vacuum (the stairs attachment and it has it's own belt). And it has a retractable cord. I got it at Walmart. And only spent some where between $80-100 give or take $5 or $10. Good luck, it's hard to find a good quality vacuum.

Callan and Jaci said...

mine is a bissel wind tunnel.. i think? i dont know but it is seriously the best vaccumm ever!!! i dont have good luck with them either. it has a light that tells you when its dirty and clean.

melissabastow said...

We seriously kill off our vacuums here. Maybe it runs in the family? We have vacuum murdering genes.

Jarrett and Sydni said...

I use central vac, but I've heard a lot of good things about Oreck Vacuums, I think that's the name anyway. They are super light weight and do a good job. If you invest in a more expensive vacuum usually they will have a warranty and I think an Oreck has a ten year, I could be wrong about that though.

kEnZiE b said...

LOVE my Dyson!! They are totally worth the money!

Mandy Campbell said...

Get a dyson! It will be way worth it in the long run!