I was lucky enough to get eye surgery again! we have been trying to hold off on having surgery on my right eye until after the baby got here. Well for a few reasons my Dr. and I decided to go ahead and get the surgery in now. #1 reason because my sight is getting worse and my nerve was becoming more damaged. It sucks how fast it happened. #2 insurance is changing next year and isn't as good, Boo and #3 my Dr. was worried about me taking care of a baby after I have surgery because I'm pretty blind right now. (which is why there are so many typos in my blogs right now.) #4 Jaron has a few weeks off so he can take care of me and play chauffeur because I am unable to drive for at least 2 weeks. But so I don't get to many complaints because so many people are like you should've waited until after the baby. But for all of those worries I stayed awake during the surgery. They gave me something to put me out for 10-15 minutes while they did all the shots which is the worse part then I was awake for the surgery. It wasn't really as bad as it sounds. I could only feel a little bit so they put a few more shots in
when I woke up. I heard a lot of football talk during surgery so now I know what teams are good in the NFL this year. After surgery they watched my babies heart beat and to make sure I wasn't contracting for a hour then sent me home. Yesterday I got to wear my beautiful eye patch all day and couldn't really wear my glasses so I looked hot! Luckily I couldn't see well enough to tell! lol We aren't going to have as many complications as last time because I'm over the morning sickness. I'm also going to stay positive this time... At least that is my goal! My biggest worry was making sure Alexis would be healthy through this and I think so far she is!
Monday, December 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
You're smart to get it done now, especially when they could have it done while you were awake! Hope you feel better soon and everything heals ok:)
So I'm really stupid, and when I saw the title to your post, I thought it said, "Sugary" and I was really starting to wonder what your eye had to do with sugar.
Post a Comment