Thursday, September 18, 2008

Roxy's puppies are a week






If you haven't heard Roxy had her puppies! We weren't expecting them quite so early. She had two of them outside and then she was let in and was in the guarge and had the other two. When I went to put food in Harley and Roxy's bowls the next morning I saw two little puppies laying on the sidewalk. I just about had a nervous break down and panicked! Once they were rushed to the vet and warmed up they were as good as our two healthy puppies. Roxy was blessed or maybe I should say I was with 4 girls!! I had to give out little runt some formula for a little jump start the first few days to help her out. It has been a week now and all our puppies are healthy and well. Roxy is well also. She is so happy to be feeling better and running around playing with Harley and barking at the neighbors. (which isn't always good) She is such a good little mommy and takes such good care of her puppies!! She hasn't nipped at anyone. She does get a little impatient with me when I was feeding her runt and when I weigh her babies, but is doing well. She even allows Harley in the room to look at them. If he gets to close she lets him know though and he's very good at respecting her. I'm not sure if he knows what they are. I am very much attached to my puppies and have nicknames for them all but I'm to afraid to give them real names knowing it would be to hard. We are selling them so if you know anyone that is in the market for a yorkie let me know.
The top picture of Roxy is the day before she had her puppies, and also the fatso and the runt on their first day of life. The bottom pictures are the Fatso and the runt a week later!

No comments: