Friday, July 8, 2011

Birthday, Surgery, and More UPDATES

Lots of things have happened since posting last! Whenever I have stuff to blog about I am to busy to blog about it. So lets see where to start to catch up...
My Birthday week was a little over a month ago.  It started with Mothers Day. I really gave Jaron a hard time from the year before. (I am evil) So this year he made up for it! I was able to relax all day. Jaron gave me a necklace that matched my mommy ring. It has the same stones on it as my ring. I loved it. I kept telling him to get me a tree for my backyard or redo something in the house. So it totally surprised me and was so happy it was meaningful and got all teary eyed.

For my Birthday I told Jaron all I wanted was a hot a date with him.  So he took me out to the Tuscany.  He also surprised me with a limo. It was super fun! I keep telling him I want to go to prom again.  Jaron even tried to get me to wear my prom dress again from my senior year. It was super funny. (I was excited I could fit into again. I thought I never would after having a baby.)  No I decided not to wear it and went with the little black dress. I also did get my Home Depot and Tia Pan gift cards to help redo my house from parents.  And I took myself shopping on Jaron's card ;)



My mother in law Lori turned 50.  But she still looks like she is 38, and if you ask Jaron he believes she is every year. We threw her a suprise party. Ok she knew we were coming for dinner but nothing else. We decorated the house and Mo, my brother in law that lives in St. George, came up with his family to surprise her. It was the best surprise of all.  Everyone thought the Grim Reaper was a little creepy but it totally had the finishing touch.

I have been talking about redoing so many things in my house. I finally decided to start doing it. I woke up one morning and decided I was going to finally paint my kitchen cupboards.  It was a lot more work than I thought it would be.  I am so happy with the end results. I still have a lot more things I want to do in there such as the counters, floors, door handles, crown molding and so on, buy hey it's a start and I am loving it! I am also now working on my bathroom. Jaron says it will win awards when it is done. No I don't think it will but it will be super cute!




We went to Maui Hawaii a few weeks ago! Which I will write more posts on


I am not able to finish that award winning bathroom, lol, for a few weeks. Because I had surgery on June 21.  Surgery went well!  It was my 9th surgery. (I am in a competition with my sister who can have the most surgery's. She is still winning though) For 2 weeks I had to be really careful about the artery that they went through to put it in and everything else. Like bending over, lifting and stupid things like that were not a loud. Now that my 2 weeks are up I can finally pick Lexi! It was killing both of us!  I was sad the whole 2 weeks I couldn't pick her up where it only bugged her the last week. Yep that traumatized me even more that she didn't get fazed by it until then rather than not being able to actually pick her up. (I always say your baby thinks you are the coolest person in the world for the first few years... well I am finding out my baby only thought that for the first 10 months. Now her aunt Addison and Alyssa are the coolest people in the world.) I have had a few issues with chest pain that the Dr.'s are watching but it is getting better I just can't over do it.  Anyways so now for the next 6 months I have to be kind of careful about stupid things like jumping, running, lifting, vigours exercise, and getting pregnant is a no no. But after that I can get off plavix, which is a blood thinner, but I will have to stay on aspirin forever but that's not a big deal. I will be pretty normal though and they say my migraines may get better now. So everyone cross your fingers and lets hope they do! I get my echo in a few weeks to see how the device is working and then another in October, and then December and then I will get one every year. Kind of funny for supposedly to work so perfect right. Maybe they are just making sure. And I did ask if I will set sensors off at the airport now and I will at first but after time all the tissue will grow around it that even a biopsy won't even show it.  Crazy huh, If you are into heart stuff I suggest looking up a PFO closure because they are so common and they are pretty cool.

I can finally talk about this a little bit more openly because of the resent news that we have found out. Jaron was laid of from his job that he had the last 5 years. Stores Online is closing or doing something totally different I'm still a little confused about everything that the company is going through. The last few years with the recession hasn't been as good as we had hoped especially this last year. We found out a few days ago that they were taking Jaron's position away along with everyone Else's that has worked for them so hard for over 13 years. Jaron loved his company and was a very loyal employee. We will miss his job and all the benefits that they provided us. We have been expecting this the last month so don't feel sorry for us. We are already looking into greener pasters and there are many other companies right now. I am just more sad for Jaron because he loved his job so much. Traveling is hard on a family but what I always tell people if your husband is happy with his job then it is worth it. Jaron has had jobs before where he didn't love and the saying "Happy Wife Happy Life" is opposite in our house "Happy Husband Happy Life" So we will always make the sacrifices for him to have a job he loves everyday even if it is traveling rather than a office job where he is miserable. This is not just a one sided decision either because he makes the sacrifices of seeing his family everyday so that I can stay home with our daughter and that is what I want my number one job to be. I feel like I need to explain this because I get a lot of people ask me why doesn't he just find a job where he is home everyday , Or is money really worth it, or why we would even put that distance or that other drama into a marriage (which you only know of if your husband travels) if you don't have to. The answer always goes back to because he's happy in what he does.
That is a quick update on what has been going on at the Lairds household.

No comments: