Wednesday, April 27, 2011

What's up with the Laird's?

I've been really lacking on sharing this last little bit on whats been going on. Not to much is new at the Laird house. Jaron's working like crazy as usual. I've been busy doing all my side projects. And of course my adorable daughter keeps growing up on me. Well that is all that I feel is going on, but here are a few other things.
   I've had a lot of people ask me if I got surgery on my heart or what the deal is. So here is the update since I wrote about it last. In the last few months I had to take 9 test and take 2 blood thinners to jump through all of the insurance hoops to get it done. With all the tests I found out I'm healthy, which is good because I am only 25. Because the test showed that the insurance co. didn't want to pay if I had the surgery. My neurologist was recommending which helped. And for my luck I have had some problems that I like to call headaches and the Dr.'s call episodes. One in Feb. with numbness, dizzy, disorientation and  which is why I went on the second blood thinner. I have a lot of bruises now so we joke that Jaron beats me. And then a few weeks ago I had another where my left side wasn't really working. I was feeding Lexi and holding her food in my left hand. I couldn't keep holding it for some reason and dropped it and it made a fun mess. After my head went back to normal it started killing me. So I figured it was just a migraine. My Dr. said that was another episode and because I was on medicine that I would for sure be able to have the surgery now with my insurance approval. So yeah after a weird 4 months I am so happy to hear this! I will be scheduling it in the next day or two.  I probably am going to wait until Jaron has some time off so he can be home to help out with Lexi. I've had a lot of prayers from loved ones through this time, so Thank you so much!
   On to more important things!
   Lexi was starting to say quite a few words like Kitty, Bear, Ball, Dog, Bunny, Hat, Mama, Dada, Nana, Hi, Baba, I want..., yum, and Duck.  Well after 2 weeks of saying all those things everything has turned into a Dog. Any bird of course is a duck. Luckily I am still Mama and Jaron is still Dada. On my other blog you can read how she called a baby a dog and offended their mothers. It was funny. She does say I want a baba. But it runs all together so it sounds more like I wanyayayaybaba. The best is when I was woken up last week with a high pitch scream like something was wrong. So I hurry in there. When I walk into her room she is standing up with a bottle in her hand and automatically stops screaming and tells me she wants a baba. I'm like are you kidding me. She totally has me wrapped around her finger.
   She has 4 teeth right now. It is the Sponge Bob look.  Her favorite things are shoes taking them off and trying to put the on. She also loves books. I'm not just saying this cause I want to make my kid look smart. It really is the truth. She loves to read them even if they are upside down. And we are also in a huge Sesame Street phase. She could watch it all day if I let her. She will sign "more" when she really wants something. I try to bribe her to get to do it... sometimes it works. She usually just yells "MOMO" She is also extremely proud of herself for learning how to roll her arms. She thinks it's super cool.

She is learning to ride her first 4 wheeler.
Playing peekaboo while eating and the food stuck to her head. Super funny if you were there.
St. Patricks Day
One of our favorite things to do while Jaron is gone
Reading while she drinks her baba

No comments: