Sunday, December 12, 2010

9 month Update

Little Miss Alexis is now 9 months old. These last 9 months went a lot faster and have been so much more enjoyable than the last 9 months! She is so big now. I have seen a lot of new babies lately and I can't believe how much smaller they are than her. I took her into her 9 month old appointment last week. She weighed 17 lbs 2 oz and was in the 25%, her height was 27 1/2" in the 75% (where did she come from?), and her head is in the 50%.  She looks like a normal chunky baby so it's hard to believe she is in the 25%.

She is getting stranger danger. I have spoiled her so much that now she thinks I have to carry her everywhere or she will cry. So yep, I keep spoiling her. My right arm is going to be buff and my left will stay all flubbery.  She is such a Mommies girl! The last week Jaron was home I was really busy so he had to watch her a lot and after a few days she was freaking out and wouldn't leave my lap with out crying for 2 days. I do love that she is so attached to me but when this mommy needs a break it doesn't work so well.  Even though she is a Mommies girl, Alexis does LOVE her Daddy! No one can make her smile bigger than him. All she has to do is flash those gums to him with a big smile and she can get anything out of her dad.



She no longer says any words but ugh and grunts and growls. If she really is upset she will cry "MA!" But rarely do we get anything else out of her. She loves standing up and dancing! I don't think she will be a huge crawler before she is walking. Her army crawl hasn't progressed in the last month, where her standing/balance has. I talked to the Dr. about her not crawling and just walking because of that study. He said he thought that study was useless and not to worry if she isn't that into it. So I'm not pushing it anymore. She gets all over the house though between rolling and the army crawl both. I was worried about her getting into the Christmas tree and she hasn't because she hasn't figured out that the presents a re wrapped in paper. She will love Christmas morning and playing in the paper mess! Last thing to add in the monthly update is that she will not put her tongue away. It is always hanging out of her mouth. The tooth I thought had came in I guess didn't but you can see it so I think that will be cutting soon because that is where her tongue always is.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously her clothes are so cute! I can't get enough of them. She is darling.

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! She's getting so big. Max was about nine months around Christmas and it's just such a fun age at that time. I'll say it again. You dress her so stinking cute. What an adorable little sweetheart.